Wednesday 19 September 2012

London, with friends

London is my second rest stop, again to catch up friends. It has been lovely, being able to catch up with most friends. Surprisingly, I managed to catch the sun in London too.

I stayed with Fiona and Steve in their beautiful home. It was so good to have a home and friends to go home to. Steve also cooked up a storm and we had some wonderful home-cooked dinner.

Thanks to Louis, I had a hair cut and wonderful massage from Doyle who came back from her leave. Anyone who needs a hair cut and a head, shoulder and upper back massage in London, drop me a note to get Doyle's contact details.
I met up with PJ in Oxford for a pub lunch.

Then stayed overnight at Rosie and Mike's for a fantastic barbecue.
Steve, Mike, Kate, Fiona, Tom, Rosie
Emma, Abigail, Max



When I first met the twins, they were just babies. They have started school now! They are so adorable. Abigail thinks I am 14 years old (Brilliant!) and Emma thinks I look like Dora the Explorer. I think they will become Team GB's best rugby players when they grow up.
Emma
Abigail

I visited Katrina and she treated me to a great lunch.


We saw some amazing plants and a cute ladybird near her home. She also introduced the Letchworth Garden City and showed me the first roundabout in UK.

Brilliant sunset outside pub in Letchworth

Qiujie and I went to Team GB and ParaIympicsGB athletes' parade. 


Champs Helen and Heather doing a cheerleading pyramid
Free advertising to the world from the office window
We also had a picnic at Richmond Park and it felt like we were back in Africa.





No comments:

Post a Comment